Healthy Oil-Free Breakfast Potato Hash
As a part of my three-part healthy breakfast series, I bring you this delicious breakfast hash! It's full of color, nutrition, and flavor AND it's great for meal-prep as we get back into the school year.
There are so many different veggies in the hash and absolutely no oil! It's energizing, but it won't weigh you down as you power through your busy school or work day!
Food is fuel, and this hash is like splurging on premium! The best part is it doesn't take premium prices to make. This recipe doesn't have any specialty products -- just basic produce and a few seasonings.
Today's post is gonna be short and sweet because I'm in the process of settling into my new apartment, but I will have a new healthy breakfast recipe for you guys on Friday if all goes as planned.
As always, if you make this recipe I'd love if you could leave a comment or tag me on Instagram or Twitter @sippingonsoy with the hashtag #sippingonsoy so I can see what you guys cook up! It seriously makes my day to see my recipes serving you guys well.
Also, if you haven't already, be sure to subscribe and follow me on social media (links in sidebar) so you never miss a new post!
Until next time, friends!
Oil-Free Breakfast Potato Hash
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Total time: 1 hour | Yield: 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Add all the ingredients for the casserole dish in a large bowl and combine well. Transfer to a casserole dish and bake covered for 40-50 minutes until potatoes are tender. Stir every 15 minutes or so.
- When potatoes are about halfway done, add bell pepper and broccoli into a skillet with some vegetable broth. Cook on medium-high heat covered in order to steam the veggies. When the desired doneness is achieved, season with salt and paprika.
- In large bowl combine veggies and potatoes and serve hot! Add additional salt to taste if you'd like. I like to stir in about a 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast to add some more vitamins and flavor to the mix, but this is totally optional.
- 2 russet potatoes (cubed)
- 1 sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth*
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth*
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper (julienned)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (julienned)
- 1/2 orange bell pepper (julienned)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: Parsley & Nutritional Yeast
- This recipe is adapted from this awesome simple breakfast hash, so be sure to check out that recipe if you'd like.
- I use three different kinds of bell pepper, but you can use whatever you have on hand or just you one kind! It won't make a huge difference in flavor, I just like the pops of color.
- You could also do 1/2 oil, 1/2 vegetable broth for both the casserole dish and skillet if you don't care about keeping this recipe oil-free.