Vegan Chocolate Dipped Almond Butter Cookies
My favorite cookies EVER are peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, and I considered developing that recipe and posting it on the blog, but there is just something extra intriguing about cookies dipped in chocolate.
And if you think about it's not to far off from a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. Just don't think about it too hard.
The dough for these cookies is little crumbly, but it forms balls just fine! When you press them down with a fork though, they may crack a little (which is why these are the prettiest round cookies you ever saw), but they bake up well and the finished cookie melts in your mouth!
I brought some into work yesterday, and everyone approved of them. They are healthier than the average cookie, easy to whip up, and dangerously delicious!
If you make this recipe, tag me on instagram @sippingonsoy and use the hashtag #sippingonsoy so I can see your lovely work! And while you're there, follow me if you feel so inclined. Happy baking!
Chocolate Dipped Almond Butter Cookies
Prep time: 16 minutes Cook time: 9 minutes Total time: 25 minutes | Yield: 20 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silicone liner.
- In a medium-large bowl, cream together vegan butter, almond butter, coconut sugar, and molasses.
- Add vanilla extract, water, and salt to the mixture and combine well.
- Fold in flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Make sure to spoon the flour into the measuring cup and level it. If you pack in too much flour the dough will be too dry! (See notes)
- Using a cookie scoop (or a rounded tablespoon), form dough into equally sized dough balls. The dough should make about 20 cookies.
- Use a fork to press the balls of dough down. (Pictured above.)
- Bake for 9 minutes. When you remove them from the oven they will be soft, but will harden after chilling. It is essential to chill them if you plan on dipping them in the chocolate or else they will fall apart.
- When the cookies are chilled, add a cup of chocolate chips to a small bowl. Put in the microwave for 30 seconds. At the end of the 30 seconds, stir the chocolate chips. Repeat this one or two more times so all the chocolate is melted into a smooth consistency.
Dip or drizzle chocolate on each cookie (or leave plain if you'd prefer!), and place chocolate covered cookies in the fridge for approximately 5 minutes or until the chocolate just hardens. Sprikle with coarse sea salt, if desired. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet vegan, fair-trade chocolate chips (see notes)
- Coarse sea salt (optional topping)
- The dough is gonna be a bit crumbly, but that's okay! That's how it's supposed to be. As long as it still forms cookie dough balls it's probably fine. If you find the dough is too dry to form balls, add some water in 1 teaspoon increments until you can.
- Dark chocolate would also be super yummy! Also it yields extra melted chocolate, but it's hard to dip the cookies if you don't melt enough.