Ginger Peach Lemonade
What goes well with summer? Lemonade.
What goes well with lemonade? Peaches.
What goes well with peaches, you may ask? Ginger!
This refreshing lemonade is super sweet with a small spicy kick from the ginger boiled into the syrup. This recipe doesn't exactly use a simple syrup because the peaches are blended into the mix, but the method is basically the same. Sugar and water in equal parts are boiled with the sliced peaches and ginger and steeped to form a flavored syrup.
Still a simple process, and the end product is delicious. Just make sure you use ripe peaches are it might not be as deeply flavored and sweet. Trust me.
The ginger flavor isn't very prominent, but you can feel the spiciness, and it adds a nice bit of depth. So so good!
I'll definitely be making this lemonade all summer, and hopefully it can become your new favorite too! If you make it leave me a comment, share a picture of instagram, and tag me @sippingonsoy! Also feel free to follow me on insta if you'd like to keep up to date with blog happenings.
Until next time! xx
Ginger Peach Lemonade
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 40 minutes Total time: 1 hour | Yield: Approx. 1 1/2 liter
- Slice peaches and ginger if you have not already done so. Add the sliced peaches & ginger to a medium saucepan with the water and granulated sugar.
- Bring this mixture to a boil for about five minutes. Muddle the peaches and ginger into the syrup.
- Cover saucepan and turn off heat and let the boiled mixture steep for around 30 minutes.
- While the syrup is steeping, juice your fresh lemons if you need to! Once the syrup is done steeping, strain it and removed the pieces of sliced ginger. (You don’t have to remove the ginger slice if you'd like a stronger ginger flavor, but I prefer to remove the ginger at this stage.)
- Return peaches to syrup and blend. Strain the blended mixture once more for the smoothest lemonade.
- In a large container or pitcher (at least 1.5 liters), add 3 cups water, lemon juice, and peach syrup. I would start with 3/4 cups of lemon juice and only add the remaining fourth cup in tablespoon increments if the lemonade is tasting too flat. Refrigerate the lemonade to chill or add ice to enjoy immediately. You could also add sliced peaches for a little extra fun! Enjoy!
Ginger Peach Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 small ripe peaches, sliced
- 2.5 oz. ginger, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 - 1 cup lemon juice (4-6 lemons)
- Total time for 1 hour does not include time for chilling lemonade since you can drink it immediately with ice (though chilling is preferred), but it does include the time it takes to slice the peaches and ginger.
- Make sure to use ripe peaches for the best result!